Wednesday, January 6, 2010

staring into the void

01/06/10

Miz Susan chided me for staying up late to write some of my recent entries. I tried some feeble line on her like needing to follow my muse and react when the creative sparks were hottest. I could have gone on to add that true artistes can't be bound to such bourgeois conventions as the clock and the need for sleep but I could tell that she wasn't buying any of it so I didn't risk any more of her contempt and disgust. I guess there are just some people you can't fool. Maybe her years in various 4th grade classrooms have developed her ear to detect patent nonsense like mine. I should have known better.

I'm not saying that I'm going to swear off staying up late doing the starving artist slaving by candlelight in the unheated garret room shtick but tonite I'll try to get to bed at a respectable time. I've got a big day ahead of me. The surgery has been moved up from 3:00 to 1:00 so with any luck we'll be able to hit the McDonald's drive up window just as they're making the changeover from breakfast to lunch. Mmmmm, fish sandwiches and french toast stix!!! What? You don't expect me to go into a surgical procedure under general anesthesia on an empty stomach do you? Geez!!

At any rate, I will probably get to bed early tonite and I may not be feeling frisky enough tomorrow to be cracking wise after I've had my knee sliced back open. So, I'm doing the day shift thing and getting an entry queued up to hold me over for a day or two. I know that it's important for some of you to be able to get a daily dose of reading about someone clearly stupider and more vapid than you. I'm here for you. For those who think there's actually the least bit of merit in my posts...well, there are probably walk-in hours at some of the crisis clinics around town. Get help soon.

I got most of my nesting chores done today as well as some of the domestic tedium. I've just realized that I should go write a few checks to cover some bills that these grubby little merchants keep sending our way. Like Xcel and Qwest are going to go under if they don't get our couple of hundred every month? But there's not much point in tempting fate since the corporations have all of the lawyers in their back pockets. The good ones anyway.

Miz Susan and I will send out an e-mail update tomorrow afternoon or evening when we get back from the hospital. If they let me come back that is. I keep thinking that they're going to keep me one of these days to study my brain in the interest of science. If they take your brain out to study it they can put it back in, right? That's what they've told me. And that I won't feel a thing.

4 comments:

  1. There's been no mention (or review) of the food I brought over. As an attention-seeker addicted to the limelight, I demand that change or I'm not bringing any more.


    Also, I want people to know that I am a kind, unselfish daughter. I need the good press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Dave in your surgery today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Liz! Way to support the fam.

    GOOD LUCK, DAVE AND MOM. Dave - don't keel over on us and Mom - don't have an anxiety attack. I love you both very much. Get home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UPDATE: Dad and Sue both made it home safe and sound last night. Dad also got a 'scrip for the good drugs.

    ReplyDelete